Alan Biller and Associates is seeking a Research Analyst to conduct due diligence and oversight for our institutional clients’ Real Estate and Real Assets portfolios with the goal of identifying managers with superior skills and competitive advantages in driving consistent value add within these sectors.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess strategies
- Due diligence includes data analysis, manager conference calls, on-site visits, and write-ups
- Analyze manager performance to determine the drivers of risk and return, alpha composition, and the robustness of the strategy in various market environments
- Compose cogent investment theses for recommended managers
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing and potential investment managers
- Work collaboratively with team members
- A Master's degree and/or certification (CFA or progress toward CFA) is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years conducting multi-manager research or sell-side/buy-side experience as a research analyst in asset management with a focus on Real Estate
- Deep working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets
- Proficient with Excel and financial information systems (e.g. eVestment, HFR, MPI)
- Experience in portfolio analytics/attribution through Barclays Point, Factset, or Bloomberg
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis data and make deductive decisions.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills for internal/external audiences as well as strong listening and questioning skills
- Robust organizational skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Willingness to take initiative, exercise independent judgment and act decisively
We offer competitive compensation, bonus and benefits including a 401(k), a “take what you need” time off policy and reimbursement of expenses for work toward CFA, CAIA and CIPM designations.
The Firm has a practice of promoting from within and rewards significant contributions to the company.
Since 1982, Alan Biller and Associates has specialized in fiduciary consulting to employee benefit plans. We advise on approximately $100 billion, for nearly half of which we have discretion as OCIO, making us one of the largest OCIOs to defined benefits plans in the country. We have an impeccable reputation for ethical behavior, and for making recommendations and decisions based on strong and independent research. We do not offer any proprietary products.
Alan Biller and Associates is an equal opportunity employer.